Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic plus coming on by itself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrisnewton

Hi all

We have had a ideal logic plus boiler for about 4 months now and it's been fine. However tonight while we were in bed we thought we heard it come on and sure enough when we felt the radiators they were ever so slightly warm.

I checked the boiler and it said pump overrun so it had been on. The thermostat was definitely off so no reason why it should have came on.

Any ideas why it did this?

Thanks

Chris

Thermostat is set at about 21 degrees but its switched to off

some boilers have an auto run facility to stop the pumps seizing, comes on every 24 hours or so, dont know about logics tho,
yes they do having looked them up. otherwise you miight have a dripping tap somewhere, cause the same thing to happen

Last edited by a moderator:
some boilers have an auto run facility to stop the pumps seizing, comes on every 24 hours or so, dont know about logics tho

Oh right that might be it then might have always come on in night and just not noticed it. Thanks

I don't think it does its just a basic timer where you push the clips in and out to set time of boiler to come on

That's not a thermostat that's a timer. You should have a thermostat some where. Had a customer complain lots about boiler install once as it kept him awake and woke him up at night.......... Half brained chimp had frost setting set to 21!

you need to read the instructions as those arent on/off but temp set over 24 hours, set the min too high and on she will come at night rtfi is the rule

you need to read the instructions as those arent on/off but temp set over 24 hours, set the min too high and on she will come at night rtfi is the rule

I'm confused now as the thermostat is switched to off so I thought that meant it does not matter what the temperature is set too? I have read the instructions and nothing is mentioned

Instructions say that when it's switched to off the boiler will not fire unless it's below 5 degrees for frost protection. I don't think it was less than 5 last night though

had another peek, thats not the model i thought only one temp controller ot a max min version, still same rules apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic plus coming on by itself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock