Discuss ideal logic combo 35 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jen0dorf

Hi

firstly I'm not looking to fix the boiler but I do think I need advice as to how the boiler works as I seem to be in the middle of a three corner fight.

I had a new boiler fitted only three weeks ago and it all worked well.

Couple of days ago was a bit chilly so I put the heating on but the radiators were cold.

I checked the pressure - technical I know and it was low so I followed the instructions and re pressurized the unit.

However still no heating.

Ok I have a Honeywell CM 727 control unit so I set the temperature control to 30 - the flame indicator came on on the radio control unit.

I looked at the boiler and it was saying c and the blue burner light was on - hip hip hooray- after three mins the blue burner light went out and never came on again but the c ( for central heating) was still on and I can here what I assume is a pump running.

If I turn the hot tap on hot water comes out and the blue burner light says on until the tap is turned off.

Sorry to be so long winded.

Ok I phoned Ideal who would not put me through to any support but told me it was the thermostat - which I can't see because the boiler is clearly receiving the signal to start heating up.

Spoke to Honeywell who say it's a boiler fault and I will see the c in the window all the time when winter is selected - which is not what it says in the manual.

So finally to my question - who to I go to the installer, Ideal warranty service or Honeywell?

Would appreciate any advice

many thanks

Ian

Personaly I'd re open the isolator you closed when thumbing round for the filling loop

Personaly I'd re open the isolator you closed when thumbing round for the filling loop

Now, now :tounge_smile:.
Another +1 on the installer, but if it's something that's happened whilst you pressurized the system then he may charge you for it ;)

:iagree: You may have inadvertently turned off the pipe that supplies the radiators from your boiler, easily done if it has the integrated filling loop IMHO.... HOWEVER! If you're not sure what you're doing then calling the installer will be my advice. And as mentioned, you may have to pay for his services if it's something you've caused :)

Hi

thanks one and all, I'll contact the installer and get him in

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal logic combo 35 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back