Discuss Ideal ISAR M30100 flame going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi All,
i am looking at a fault on an ISAR M30100. Boiler fires up ok but after a few hours it goes out and comes up with an LF code. I am thinking of changing the flame sensor as it seems similar to the manual suggestion but this states the boiler goes out after 10 seconds. Is there anything else to look out for on this model?

Thanks
Kewat66

Have you checked the temp differential.
Has it trvs all over?
Have you opened wide all trvs (if fitted)
Flow and return differential should be no more than 20 degrees.
If it is can give LF lockout.

Condense trap partially blocked?

Remember to check the insulation/ pins on it as well.

Ye, check the condense pipe and trap for blockages. Also, really important on the m series, check the insulation pads and pins as a matter of urgency. Unless the orange sticker is on the front, then you can relax a little.

Ye, check the condense pipe and trap for blockages. Also, really important on the m series, check the insulation pads and pins as a matter of urgency. Unless the orange sticker is on the front, then you can relax a little.

I always ignore the orange sticker. I would rather physically check

Always check the actual wire on an icos/isar. They become brittle and crack shorting to the case

Sorry guys bit confused. What do you mean by insulation pass & pins?

They had a major problem on these boilers (all isars and icos) where the burner insulation falls down and blocks the top of the heat exchanger then the boilers kill themselves.

They did new pins for the boiler which looked like a coat hanger but they warp out of shape massively so now they have changed them again. Just pop the fan and burner off and inspect.

Should look like this

e901662da2d8716105c0a67a744c1bc1.jpg

And not like

ed2d7311e028d21a9d567710c6225255.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal ISAR M30100 flame going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock