Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal classic boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Can I ask peoples opinions on heat only Ideal classic boilers? I ask as I have to do safety checks on a couple of these boilers soon. Usually work on modern boilers. Would people analysis this boiler? it has no ports, so would need to stick the probe in from outside. Its from about 2000.

Old school it, bp, flame etc

Prob a bit late for reply
Still see these from time to time.
The classics of the last 15 yrs or so have a flue test point on top. It is there for a reason and the MI's state ratio must be bellow 0.004. Only the older boilers which are few and far between now have no test point.

This question comes up on occasion. If the manufacturer has provided a FGA test point use it. If no test point and flue available I always stick analiser in anyway.
In my opinion it is just good practice and gives an indication on how well boiler burning.

Reply to Ideal classic boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock