Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Can I ask peoples opinions on heat only Ideal classic boilers? I ask as I have to do safety checks on a couple of these boilers soon. Usually work on modern boilers. Would people analysis this boiler? it has no ports, so would need to stick the probe in from outside. Its from about 2000.

Old school it, bp, flame etc

Prob a bit late for reply
Still see these from time to time.
The classics of the last 15 yrs or so have a flue test point on top. It is there for a reason and the MI's state ratio must be bellow 0.004. Only the older boilers which are few and far between now have no test point.

This question comes up on occasion. If the manufacturer has provided a FGA test point use it. If no test point and flue available I always stick analiser in anyway.
In my opinion it is just good practice and gives an indication on how well boiler burning.

Reply to Ideal classic boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The question I have though is that the gas smell only appears when the boiler fires up not when the pilot is burning normally. Gas smell continues as...
Replies
Views
Hello , I have an Ideal Classic boiler ff350 which runs for 10 mins before the boiler cuts out. The circ pump keeps running at this time. The Pump and The Three port valve have been checked and the User Stat on the front has been Changed (by a Gas safe engineer) when the Boiler cuts out there is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock