Search the forum,

Discuss I think I've got low flow rates to bath & basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnst

I've just had a new bathroom fitted.

Before this the pressure & flow from bath & basin taps were good.
Now it is much reduced.

The new taps fitted are Crosswater Voyager which are said to be suitable for LP systems.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Is there any chance that the taps are rated at 0.5 bar minimum working pressure.
0.5 is classed as low pressure and typically 0.2 is the available head for a tank fed system feeding a bathroom.

Ballafix valves reducing flow rate?
flow restricter inserts?

Isolation valves were changed from the type with a red handwheel to lever operated.
Would this cause a loss of flow?

Gate valves (redhandled) are pretty much full bore when opened fully but most lever valves are a lot less when opened so yes you would lose flow through those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I think I've got low flow rates to bath & basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock