Discuss I am looking at doing a plumbing heating and gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put our experience simply.

We only do renewables, we don't do gas, oil, or lpg. Looking to the future, we are going to need more and more experienced heat pump (Ground and Air Source) and air con people.

You'll still need plumbing / heating basics - water regs, heating and G3, then add in Heat Pump and f-gas qualifications and in 5 years time you'll be choosing which employers to turn down :)

Benjamin
First you need some certification which I am sure you are aware off, next you need employment which will enable you to use it.
You ELC will fund a number of courses to provide training with resettlement funding. All you need is the determination and lots of luck. Best of that you will need plenty as this industry is saturated
Try C&G 2399

Last edited:
Hi quality, thanks for the advice, I get ÂŁ2500 from ELC and resettlement so have to pay around ÂŁ4000 myself, which is obviously better than the full ÂŁ6700

Let me put our experience simply.

We only do renewables, we don't do gas, oil, or lpg. Looking to the future, we are going to need more and more experienced heat pump (Ground and Air Source) and air con people.

You'll still need plumbing / heating basics - water regs, heating and G3, then add in Heat Pump and f-gas qualifications and in 5 years time you'll be choosing which employers to turn down :)

Thank you for the advise, I will definitely look into that after I complete this course
Again thank you

I know everyone says the industry is saturated but it is in a lot of industry's, if you put the hard work in and are determined you can get a job in any saturated industry, there is a lot of luck and right place right time involved, but the more you try the more the percentage goes up. I am fed up with my job and have always been interested in this trade. I have thought long and hard about it and wouldn't give away a ÂŁ37000 PA wage without been pretty sure I could make it work

F gas, Heat pumps is where you need to look.
To even think about about earning a gas safe engineer your looking at 2 - 3 years

You gotta weigh things up, a 20k a year job can be gotten without having to put yourself through hardship of training up as a plumber. You gotta take a hit in terms of low wages and the years you will throw at this trade. Unless you enjoy plumbing immensely there is little logical reason to make that sacrifice.
Hammers mentions bricklaying worth a think - quicker to master, quicker returns

Nothing is impossible the world is your oyster best of luck to you Ben!

Last edited:
F gas, Heat pumps is where you need to look.
To even think about about earning a gas safe engineer your looking at 2 - 3 years

So would I not be gas safe after this course? It says on completion I would be? Surely they can't say that if it's not true? This provider has been doing this for the military leavers for 10 years and must be legit as they are still doing it?
Getting confused now

Being gas registered and gas qualified are different . Ones the governing body overlooking how we work so to speak so that we are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I am looking at doing a plumbing heating and gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock