Discuss Humming from Trv? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have just been sent this video from a mate of his cast iron radiator. I have heard pipes banging from trv's being on the wrong way, but does this humming mean the same thing? [video=youtube;jj1EjaD52hE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1EjaD52hE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Yes It can indicate valve being fitted on the return. Some of the designer type valves are not bi directional. You need to find instructions for more info.

Try online, theres bound to be a manual somewhere. Do you know the make of valve?

that is the problem, I don't know the make of the valve. Apparently they have been fine from october, it is just now it has started happening. It is in a block of flats that run of a couple of boilers in the basement. And I too did not realsie that some valves aren't bi

Maybe worth trying to re-balance system. The rad with the problem could be taking a higher flow rate than the others. By opening the other rads more, will slow the flow rate (velocity) and noise.

i shall give it a go. thanks chaps. First port of call is valve MI's to see if they're Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Humming from Trv? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock