Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How to use existing oil boiler for UFH in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dave14

Dave14 New Member

I'm renovating my house, taking out the wall mounted radiators and fitting an underfloor (in screed) heating system, but I want to keep the existing oil fired boiler.

If the UFH needs water at 25c and the boiler delivers water at 60c how do I avoid over heating the floor?

Can I fit a reservoir/tank in the UFH system so that the boiler isn't constantly turning on and off?

2. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

It's all possible provided you get someone competent to design and install it for you. If you are planning on doing this yourself, I would recommend reading the appropriate literature or going on a course.