Search the forum,

Discuss How to prioritise flow at tee in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a water pipe (unpumped) from a stream in to my shed that houses a water tank. I require a continuous flow of water along pipe A in the photo. At the tee junction water can also be fed in to the tank, pipe B.

I want Pipe A to run continuously (it heads straight in to another stream) but if the water tank calls for water (float valve) then the water will divert to Pipe B, or run through both Pipe A and Pipe B.

The current set up in the photo doesn't work in this way. With the continuous flow along Pipe A no water is heading down Pipe B when there is demand from the tank.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this - either a tweak or major reconfiguration?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0928.jpeg
    IMG_0928.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 7

Reply to How to prioritise flow at tee in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock