Search the forum,

Discuss How to isolate the boiler and drain it in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Could anyone advise how I can isolate a valliant combi boiler from the rest of the central heating system so that I do not have to drain the whole system down please.

I have a plate to plate heat exchanger that is slightly leaking and want to just give it a check.

Image below of my setup. Thanks

IMG_20210108_144642.jpg

1. Close the isolation valves in the the flow and return connections under the boiler.
2. But be aware, these valves can leak after use. Replacements are Vaillant specific, and expensive.

1. Close the isolation valves in the the flow and return connections under the boiler.
2. But be aware, these valves can leak after use. Replacements are Vaillant specific, and expensive.
Wait if I'm going to look at the plate to plate heat exchanger do I not need to turn off the cold water mains inlet too or not??

Also how does one isolate the flow and return please?? There's a square nutwhich I'm presuming is for draining?? And a flat head screw like connection underneath which is very difficult to turn...

Also does the boiler need draining??

If you mean the secondary heat exchanger inside the boiler:
1. You shouldn't be doing it unless Gas Safe Registered.
2. You would need to isolate the cold water input.

With respect , and I mean it .
If you are asking questions like these , you will end up in trouble , need to be gas safe .

I wouldn't advise you do anything inside the boiler casing its actually breaking the law unless your gas Safe or trained to do so .

Closed op pm me your gas safe reg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to isolate the boiler and drain it in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock