Search the forum,

Discuss How to disconnect Randall Danfoss SET5 programmer from backplate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andymcm

My Randall SET5 programmer is playing up - seems like a loose connection, as it sometimes flickers on and off.

I'd like to check the connections but I can't work out how to disconnect the main body of the unit from the backplate, to get access to the wiring. There are no screws at all (unlike more recent models), just a plastic tab at the top that can be pushed in, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

My Randall SET5 programmer is playing up - seems like a loose connection, as it sometimes flickers on and off.

I'd like to check the connections but I can't work out how to disconnect the main body of the unit from the backplate, to get access to the wiring. There are no screws at all (unlike more recent models), just a plastic tab at the top that can be pushed in, but doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

There should be tiny grub screws in the top or bottom, if not the plastic tab you speak of you should be able to push it in with a small electrical screwdriver, whilst doing that you should be able to pull it off. Go easy!

There should be tiny grub screws in the top or bottom, if not the plastic tab you speak of you should be able to push it in with a small electrical screwdriver, whilst doing that you should be able to pull it off. Go easy!

Thanks, just got it off through a combination of raising the tab with a screwdriver and a reasonable amount of force pulling out the top of the unit.

Cheers

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to disconnect Randall Danfoss SET5 programmer from backplate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've a Danfoss Randal set2 to replace next week, I'm simply looking to obtain the installation manual for the old timeclock, I haven't attended the job yet I've only had a picture sent from the Tennant so I've not checked the wiring, so today I scoured the Internet to try and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed function, it'll switch off at the programmer (no light) but boiler will stay on until they turn the stat down, I went and looked at it, they said they...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with the faucet (Franke Atlas Neo Sensor) and it will require it to be sent back to the manufacturer. However I have an issue with disconnecting the hoses from the control box (Franke control box). The hoses plug into the control box without screwing, they're simply pressed into...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock