Discuss How to correctly set a PRV in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a PRV between the meter and stopcock in our home. This was fitted sometime ago and I have noticed the gauge does show some fluctuations. Sometimes (without any taps on) the pressure can be 1.5 bar and others it can be nearly 4 bar.

Today it was just under 4 bar.

I have adjusted the setting on the PRV. On this model you turn the knob anticlockwise to decrease pressure but I have done so with all taps off. I've then opened one tap up for a few seconds after each adjustment and gone back to check. Each time the pressure was sitting just below 4 bar; I repeated this process numerous times with multiple full turns anticlockwise but no change in pressure.

The only way I can get a difference is if I open a tap and then adjust the PRV. With the tap running the pressure was ~2bar and I could decrease or increase with the screw.

The question is how does one correctly set a PRV? I'm guessing having everything pressurised at nearly 4 bar is straining stuff.

Need a tap running I grind the standing pressure eg when all outlets are closed

Thank you... What do mean by "grind the standing pressure when all outlets are closed"?

I don’t know why auto has changed it to that buts it’s supposed to be ignore

Correct and yes 3 bar is fine

Reply to How to correctly set a PRV in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock