Discuss How much movement need there be... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
In the pipework tails left sticking out of the wall to fit shower brackets like these:

I've not fitted any before but am guess that you have to do up the compression connection at the back and then push the pipe back into the wall to make the bracket flush so you can then drill and fix to tiles..?

So sounds like you need to leave quite a lot of play and therefore presumably not clip the pipework.

68003.jpg

you dont need any play, this image should give you a better understanding
2011-8-18--6-56-41-929-3.jpg

Ah wonderful news. You've made me a very happy man. Since I'd already clipped the pipework and tiled the wall before the thought occured.

the ones i have fitted needed cutting around 35mm from finished wall/tiles. just make sure centers are correct and level and tile around them leaving a few mm max.

make sure the copper is not protruding past the chrome thread as some shower with filters/flow restrictors wont go fully back without comlications.

i think these kits are great, mean you can change the shower valve in 5 mins in future.

Some showers come with them, they all should really. I mean how else can you fit a bar mixer to a solid wall properly?, those offset elbows fill my scrap bin up nicley.

Fitted one the other day in a bathroom, solid walls and tiled etc. After grouting I took my speedfit caps off and cut the pipes without thinking with the pipeslice hard against the wall! wasn't thinking........I just got away with it and the olive was just on the end of the pipe, luckily though the design would not allow the thing the blow off or leak.

Fitted loads of them aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much movement need there be... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
We had a plumber come to fit our concealed shower. He plumbed it in, then we fit the plasterboard and tiles. However he soon realised that he had...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock