Discuss how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what we get in southwest but not with the chinese or polish etc, what we get here is idiots coming out of the forces or factories wanting career changes and doing 6 month courses in gas and plumbing,this doughnuts then go out charging low rates to get work undercutting everyone and the public are buying into it . I constantly here stories revolving around customers who are not happy with shoddy workmanship then.

Thats true ! Many a time we (I mean my colleague, a Gas Safe registered guy and I) have to go and correct the "shoddy workmanship" of these characters ! Very few value professional workmanship, the majority in London are driven by lower prices alone !

Here in London, it is absolutely mayhem(with lower and lower prices) with CH installation prices ! The situation has been made worse by east European, Chinese and illegal Indian builders, I once heard an Indian could hang a boiler for £80 in about 2 hours ! Mind you, these are not Gas Safe registered guys ! But since the systems work, landlords save money and go for these people.

1.jpgIllegal installer (happened to be indian but just a coincidence) - You think this is bad, you should see the flue. Why do people scrimp on this kind of thing? Do they like living dangerously?

my mate subs to the local council through ph jones and some of the jobs they give him are stupid low prices they expect a council house rip out old and fit new boiler tank and cylinder and gas pipe to all appliances and 8 rads for £500 labour and they expect it done in a day.i did not think it could be done so i went for a day to see .the job was a complete htg 8 rads system boiler / cylinder /tank and new pipework and gas through out and vertical flue/ there was him me and apprentice .it was done in a day but heck it was a long day .i thought the pipes would be run easiest route etc but no the council inspector requires all drops to be hidden if possible in cupbourds or cloacks etc.there is no way i could do what he does evey day never knowing what time you will be home

ant

Lol the pack in a day routine , been there done that dont have the energy for it anymore .
I have done them for £500 tho but didnt have to commision nor do any trunking for that price so was home by 2 everyday , other firms had us painting ,doing shelving ,water samples getting constantly inspected by jobsworths would be more stress than worth .
Quite happy to plod through my day now tho .

Wow gaspastemania, think your well out of order calling our army lads idiots, they are serving there country and putting there lives on the line, think you should retract that comment, and if they leave the army and want a new career who are you to slag them off for trying to earn a living. YOUR OUT OF ORDER!!!

hey yorkie plumber i dont think he meant all forces blokes are idiots, just the ones that leave the forces, train for six months then undercut everyone else and do a bad job to boot!

thats what we get in southwest but not with the chinese or polish etc, what we get here is idiots coming out of the forces or factories wanting career changes and doing 6 month courses in gas and plumbing,this doughnuts then go out charging low rates to get work undercutting everyone and the public are buying into it . I constantly here stories revolving around customers who are not happy with shoddy workmanship then.

if big brother looking he should be barred from this forum slating ex forces is not on

Last edited by a moderator:
Folk who are educated to a standard are far better to educate than those who think they can achieve a standard
I am no fan of fast trackers but there is a standard and those from the MOD employment have been tried and tested to a standard
more fitting than any plasterer or roofer

The thing most do not know is that , you are working in most times someones home / not a training center or a building site

there is the good and bad and ugly in all trades

Have lost family that were in the army, so that comment from gaspastemania, hit a nerve, should think before posting such COMMENTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much are you charging to fit central heating system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock