Search the forum,

Discuss How does a TRV work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger25

Apologies if this is a double post, I thought I had posted a message but I can't see it.

I had a radiator which wasn't getting hot and on closer inspection I found the locking nut was loose. As no water was leaking I unscrewed it completely. What I found was a valve with a central pin slightly protruding so not wanting to make things worse I replaced the TRV top. Having tightened it I found it started to work. As I could see no physical connection between the parts I was curious as to how the device works.

Thanks
Trigger

Wax bead in the head expands with heat and depresses a plunger which in turn presses down the pin which closes the valve.

Different settings on the head denote different temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How does a TRV work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock