Search the forum,

Discuss How do you charge your rechargeable tool batteries? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clarky_two

I was thinking of having a permanent set up in the back of the van for recharging batteries as I drive, using the power from the vehicle, so there will be no messing about or forgetting to put the battery on charge overnight Anyone got anything set up like this? Or any advice?

I know this means leaving stuff in the van overnight but its a low risk area where I live and its only a few batteries after all

Surely you couldn't charge them overnight or you would kill the battery in the van.

I have an inverter fitted in the back of the van. It's a lwb transit. These have a twin battery set up. One for starting the van and a second for ancillaries. The inverter is of the second.

Wouldn't bother with the inverter, mine doesn't work without the engine running, pretty pointless piece of kit.

You'll knacker the batteries unless you regularly drive for 40 minutes in order to fully charge a depleted battery. Lithium batts will give out a lot sooner if you keep interrupting the charge cycle. Especially milwaukee and Panasonic ones with the smart circuit inside the battery

And my phone too! It feels like a tiny victory for the working man.

I think I need to toughen up! I would never dream of plugging something other than a tool in at a customers house! Mind you, I wear boot covers and carry my own cleaning products!

As for batteries, I have an inverter set up in the van for lights on it etc (I do a lot of emergency stuff at night) so I've wired my chargers up to that. I also have a heater in the van so I've got a lead set up like you'd have on a motor home with a socket out on the drive. The heater is amazing, but the lead idea would be great for your chargers. I did have an early mishap, so I wired a relay into the starter circuit, so the van won't turn over until the lead is unplugged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you charge your rechargeable tool batteries? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get PV Solar Panels (~6kw) and a large battery storage array (2xTesla Powerwalls for ~27kwh storage and ~10kw output). I'm looking to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a safety feature because its kids. As you can tell, there is no big market for this product, its just to get these kids out camping. System description: So...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is labour/materials.. shockingly it was from friends so it's taken its toll on me mentally if I'm honest.. I'm don't think I'm outrageously pricey but I do a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock