Currently reading:
how do you calculate how much gas a boiler is burning per hour

Discuss how do you calculate how much gas a boiler is burning per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vin

i have done a job and fitted a combi 32kw boiler with solar panels
which is all working fine but i need to work out how much gas the boiler is burning per hour i cant remember the formula for doing it all help is greatly welcome waiting on payment from owner who wants this first

Sounds like a job Dominic Littlewood is going to investigate to me lol

Consult your training literature

I'm sorry but is this a mickey take? Are you Gas Safe registered? Gas rating boilers is basic stuff.

i thought it sounded like it would be basic theory but waited as not gs.

You could sit by the meter for an hour with a stop watch :) or try 2 minutes and times by 30 :)

I'm not gas safe (yet) but if you can read a gas meter and have access to a stop watch then you can work out gas consumption (rate).

I recently bought 'Corgi Essential Gas Safety' - it's all in there.

Edit: Diamondgas beat me to it :)

you should be working the gas rate out as a matter of course, part of commissioning not just for the customer.

I remember corgi 4th edition didn't tell how to convert to m3 or ft3 an hour, I learned it but lectures didn't seem to push it, they were lookin at kw. Lucky for me my other course books have it in.

Anyone admitting to installing a boiler and not being able to rate it should not be welcome here imo. Obviously not competant.

i have done a job and fitted a combi 32kw boiler with solar panels
which is all working fine but i need to work out how much gas the boiler is burning per hour i cant remember the formula for doing it all help is greatly welcome waiting on payment from owner who wants this first

sorry to assume as we all know its a dangerous thing to do, but i assume you have fitted aa new HE boiler, and i know that anyone who fits a gas appliance is bound by law to fully commission it, so i dont understand how you can have left the job not having complied with this legal requirement, how do you know it is safe, i get peed off by the constant carping about ACS etc etc, and the amount of technically qualified guys who cannot do their daily job is absolutely shocking, and things need to be better, i dont know theOP but more info n experience will filter through when they reply but either 2 weeks qualified or 30 yrs in the trade there isnt anyone who doesnt know they need to gas rate, so why isnt it getting done, "no time" "not covered by rubbish prices" " i hardly ever do installs mate" (this is the same guy who only services but cant do a flue flow or spillage test) c'mon boys and girls is it any wonder the state of work we are now seeing

Depending on how many other appliances are on the same meter feed, he may not even have the right sized meter!!

How exactly are the solar panels working with your combination boiler?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Depending on how many other appliances are on the same meter feed, he may not even have the right sized meter!!

Sorry, you have to try again.
When you gas rate a boiler, it doesn't matter how many appliances are on the carcass. I'd say you are thinking about the pipe sizing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do you calculate how much gas a boiler is burning per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock