Discuss how do you calculate how much gas a boiler is burning per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vin

i have done a job and fitted a combi 32kw boiler with solar panels
which is all working fine but i need to work out how much gas the boiler is burning per hour i cant remember the formula for doing it all help is greatly welcome waiting on payment from owner who wants this first

Sounds like a job Dominic Littlewood is going to investigate to me lol

Consult your training literature

I'm sorry but is this a mickey take? Are you Gas Safe registered? Gas rating boilers is basic stuff.

i thought it sounded like it would be basic theory but waited as not gs.

You could sit by the meter for an hour with a stop watch :) or try 2 minutes and times by 30 :)

I'm not gas safe (yet) but if you can read a gas meter and have access to a stop watch then you can work out gas consumption (rate).

I recently bought 'Corgi Essential Gas Safety' - it's all in there.

Edit: Diamondgas beat me to it :)

you should be working the gas rate out as a matter of course, part of commissioning not just for the customer.

I remember corgi 4th edition didn't tell how to convert to m3 or ft3 an hour, I learned it but lectures didn't seem to push it, they were lookin at kw. Lucky for me my other course books have it in.

Anyone admitting to installing a boiler and not being able to rate it should not be welcome here imo. Obviously not competant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do you calculate how much gas a boiler is burning per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys trying to work out how much it costs to heat my water tank per hour, I have a Ideal logic system s30 boiler, my gas unit charge is 6.83...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
  • Question
How do I operate Santon Premier Plus Unvented Hot Water System, model PP170E? I recently moved into this rented, all electric, 2 bedroom flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock