Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss How do I take this mixer tap apart?? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. gemma marsh

gemma marsh New Member

AC9321B0-7357-4C28-A9E7-4A3B845DB1DE.jpeg 260D4ADC-427B-4CD9-99E9-2F69D567891C.jpeg I can’t seem to work out how this mixer sink tap comes apart. It has started to make vibrating noises and drips whenever I run the upstairs hot water bath taps. I assumed there would be a screw under the handle that screws off, but when I took it off it was just the thread. Any advice would be greatly appreciated or it’s a whole new mixer.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Undo the hex bolt in where the lever goes

• Like Like x 1
  3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Looks like you will need a metric size Allen key from here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

The "thread" you mention is one end of a grub screw. Use an Allen key (probably 2.5 mm or 3 mm) to undo it in the normal direction.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

And ………… cover the waste hole with a cloth or something in case you drop the little thing and it disappears down the waste. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gemma marsh

gemma marsh New Member

Fantastic! I did think that but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your replies. I will grab a set from work and try it when I get home.

7. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Next, you have to do the tap cartridge shuffle to find what you need... Very best of luck :(