1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss How do I take this mixer tap apart?? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. gemma marsh

gemma marsh New Member

AC9321B0-7357-4C28-A9E7-4A3B845DB1DE.jpeg 260D4ADC-427B-4CD9-99E9-2F69D567891C.jpeg I can’t seem to work out how this mixer sink tap comes apart. It has started to make vibrating noises and drips whenever I run the upstairs hot water bath taps. I assumed there would be a screw under the handle that screws off, but when I took it off it was just the thread. Any advice would be greatly appreciated or it’s a whole new mixer.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Undo the hex bolt in where the lever goes

• Like Like x 1
  3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Looks like you will need a metric size Allen key from here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

The "thread" you mention is one end of a grub screw. Use an Allen key (probably 2.5 mm or 3 mm) to undo it in the normal direction.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

And ………… cover the waste hole with a cloth or something in case you drop the little thing and it disappears down the waste. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gemma marsh

gemma marsh New Member

Fantastic! I did think that but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your replies. I will grab a set from work and try it when I get home.

7. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Next, you have to do the tap cartridge shuffle to find what you need... Very best of luck :(