Discuss How do I seal a hole in plastic? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Track

I have a plastic (possibly PVC) pipe I can't replace that has a pinky-sized hole drilled into it.

Is there any way I can just seal it up? I've tried using silicone but it just sort of peeled off.

Appreciate the help!

Welcome to the forum's Track.....what size is this pipe and what is it's purpose...waste /overflow feed pipe......regards Turnpin:welcome:

No, I can't cut into it.

It's a water intake pipe, so I can't use anything toxic.

Really just need to patch up the hole, that's all.

Any chance of a picture so we can advise you more accurately.......regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Piece of flat rubber and two jubilee clips. Bit of a bodge but will do the trick.

Providing that the current pipe is solvent weld and the solvent cement used is for use on potable water then that's a good idea. Would probably have to clamp it or something for a few hours to stop it popping off while the cement cures.

Definitely need clamping, I doubt most pvc solvents are potable but I'd use it to repair mine. Used around the perimeter of the patch not the hole it should be okay as the solvent evaporates to weld the plastic.

Anyhow after a bit of searching Gorilla PVC Cement is potable.

I have the Gorilla brand around where I live. So, all I have to do is plug the hole with a small piece of PVC and essentially weld it to the pipe? And I'll be able to drink from it or water my plants without any worry?

Just use some Gaffa Tape.

Sticks like **** to a blanket.
Fairly UV resistant.

Replace as often as required.

Make sure surface is dry and clean before adhering.

No plug, use a patch larger than the actual hole (as if it were a sticking plaster) making sure both surfaces are clean and you can clamp them tightly together. That cement is potable i.e safe to use for drinking water and find somebody handy to do it.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like I can get my hands on the Gorilla brand PVC cement.

Are there any other potable options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I seal a hole in plastic? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock