Search the forum,

Discuss How do I remove this tap head? Please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Becky DIY

Hi,

This tap is dripping so I'm trying to take it apart to replace the washer but I can't work out how to get the head off the tap. Can anyone advise me please? I took the C for cold plate off expecting to find a screw head but there isn't one. There isn't a little screw on the side of the tap holding it on either. I'm wondering if there is some hard to find tool I need to fit into the sun/star shaped hole in the top or maybe it's just a turn really hard in one direction or the other job. I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Becky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
wrap a tea towel around it and pull straight up, mind your teeth :)

Welcome to the forum Becky, those star things are called Splines and allow the tap head to grip the spindle underneath. As said the tap head will pull straight off but you may need 2 levers under the tap head to get it moving, would suggest some towels in the basin in case the levers slip and cause damage to the basin.

Tap gently one side then the other- or change tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I remove this tap head? Please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock