Discuss How do I remove the handle from a Bristan Colonial Thermostatic Shower. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

GTC

I have unscrewed the handle and removed the grub screw underneath but can not remove the outer body! The instructions say it should just pull off? TIA

That’s correct, although probably a misuse of the word “just”.
Try all the usual ; wd40, tap with hammer via wooden block, pour boiling water over, drive in wooden wedges etc etc - sometimes it is just not possible to get off undamaged - especially if in a hard water area.

Have on occasion had to cut off handle and buy a replacement, but usually only with a tiled in valve that cannot be easily replaced and no tiles available

That’s correct, although probably a misuse of the word “just”.
Try all the usual ; wd40, tap with hammer via wooden block, pour boiling water over, drive in wooden wedges etc etc - sometimes it is just not possible to get off undamaged - especially if in a hard water area.

Have on occasion had to cut off handle and buy a replacement, but usually only with a tiled in valve that cannot be easily replaced and no tiles available
Managed to get it off. Thank you for your advise!

Reply to How do I remove the handle from a Bristan Colonial Thermostatic Shower. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi My thermostat shower is leaking at the temperature position. How do I fix it, there's a grub screw underneath which i have already taken out...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi learned friends. A "plumber" has installed a shower for my daughter. However it doesnt look right. This part circled isnt on any pictures I've...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help please ? I am in the middle of trying to clean/ service a Bristan shower cartridge for this shower Recessed concealed shower...
Replies
Views
J
Hi looking for some advice. My inlaws have an insinkerator boiling and cold tap (model number HC3300 c). It was leaking from the handle so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock