Search the forum,

Discuss How deep should plastic pipe be chased into a internal brick wall with plaster finish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learning

How deep should plastic pipe be chased into a internal brick wall with plaster finish?

I have plastic 15mm JG PEX pipe which I want to chase into wall.

How deep should I make the chase.
Do I also need to sleeve the pipe. If so what with?
Do I cement the chase or just plaster?

Thanks in anticapation!

Re: How deep should plastic pipe be chased into a internal brick wall with plaster fi

you can chase the brick/block upto 1/3 of its thickness on the vertical plane and 1/6 of its thickness on the horizontal plane.

if possible put the pipe inside a length of 22mm speedfit or rap it in the tube type celafelt lagging. (rap laggging in a tube)

Re: How deep should plastic pipe be chased into a internal brick wall with plaster fi

Do not bury plastic pipe in the wall it will cause problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How deep should plastic pipe be chased into a internal brick wall with plaster finish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
I am seeking some advice on how to seal up my sump pit. I currently get condensation on the walls and floor around the pit, and in the past there has been accumulation of mold on the walls, due to about 6" of standing water in the bottom of the pit. The air also smells bad and is somewhat...
Replies
Views
T
I have some internal water pipes (some plastic, some copper) that have to go under the kitchen floor. There is no way around having to do this. Rest of floor is concrete and pipes are currently in a trench (approx 5-6 cms deep, 4-5 cms wide). The trench will need to be concreted over before...
Replies
Views
TAGolko
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock