Discuss hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Quick update. The water came on as the timer asked it to, but again the hot water has stayed on even though the timer and the HC60 box have gone off. It is so hot upstairs now as the excess hot water has gone to the Rads upstairs.

Was the green light on the receiver?

Are both port valves closed eg shut ?

Wired wrong or prog faulty do you have 240v on the brown to the hot water valve ?

Programer sticking needs changing if you remove it from the base plate you should loose your 240v on the brown hot water

I’m guessing the programmer is set to all off ?

If your water is getting excessively hot, it would indicate that the HW valve is being by-passed, the rubber ball in the valve could have perished as they tend to do, they do not last forever.

Reply to hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock