Discuss Hot water temperature inconsistant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob.quick

Morning,

The temperature of the hot water in out immersion tank is very inconsistant, the stat on the tank is sat at 60 and the boiler is a condensing unit, do thermostats 'break' or can they operate in an inconsistant way?

Sometimes the water heats up in the way you would expect IE you can get a full hot bath from the tank. This morning the water had been on for an hour and the water generated was warm but nothing more.

Can it be anything else or is it likely to be the stat??

How would you test an inconsistent stat ??!!

Any help appreciated.

Did you have heating and hot water on?

This morning we had heating and hot water on together as we do daily, yes, the tank was completly cold.

The system used to work fine and we havent changed anything from the timer end.

Thanks.

If the tank was completely cold you may have a problem with the valve controlling the hot water

Prob be easier and cheaper if you get a professional in

Where are you. Perhaps one of us is local to you

the reason I asked the temperature to start with is a very simple point, that if the cylinder is say 40 degrees to start with, in the time its on it will get to 60 degrees, if it was 20 degrees to start then more energy is needed to heat the cylinder, and if its an older coil with a poor heat transfer you might struggle, just trying to eliminate the easiest first

Sorry Simon, the water is either warm or correct, never cold. My reference to 'cold' was the starting temp of the water in the tank when the hot water first comes on.

The hot water value was fitted about 6 months ago.

Can I test the stat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water temperature inconsistant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back