1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Hot water temp 20C above desired temp set on dial in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Good Morning.
    Are you all fed up with me yet?
    I'm posting yet another separate thread.

Update. As you know, last night I fired up the boiler after re-filling the system following some repairs I had made...
    Actually I spare you all the details, I perhaps give to much

Long story short. I've got the central heating system running low temp. I've set the dial at 40C and that is round about the boiler is keeping the temperature. As indicated by the digital display.
    However, the hot water has been used, (not whilst the central heating was running though) and the temperature on the digital display showed a rise up to 60C, but importantly the dial was only set at 42C.
    Should I be worried about this?
    I don't remember it doing this before the system was emptied. All though I can't be certain.
    I have vented the pump and heat exchanger automatic air vent on top of the boiler. And vented all the rads a third time.

Thanks again everyone.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That’s fine as hot water has it’s own independent temp control

You should be able to return the heating temp dial to what it was set to now eg shouldn’t spike to 90dc

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You could just post on one thread.

4. jrtrrror

jrtrrror Member

Thanks ShaunCorbs
    That put my mind at rest

The jobs done now. No leaks, no problems. So, well happy.
    Thank you and everyone else who has contributed to my posts, it's much appreciated
    D