Discuss Hot water/Heating mixing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve noticed that when the wife runs the bath that the central heating gets much hotter than normal when running lately. When she has finished running the bath the heating cools back down to it’s called for setting. Further investigating this with the heating in the off position the heating flow pipe is getting hot well below the wall mounted Baxi Platinum 28 HE Combi boiler when running the hot water. Do I suspect that the diverter valve has seen better days now the boiler is 8 years old and that the hot water heating side is finding it’s way past the seals in the valve into the heating side ?

Reply to Hot water/Heating mixing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get some advise, basically new vaillant regular boiler has been fitted approx 5 yrs ago, i believe it was back boiler...
Replies
Views
My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s...
Replies
Views
Back