Discuss Hot water boost function in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for advice.
No problems with plumbing c/heating just that minor niggle of the boost function on the controller won’t stay active. I think it’s due to no VR10 NTC
Fitted to relay back cylinder temp to the controller which would allow the boost function to work. But as I have a 230volt tank stat fitted I think it a case of one or the other. Think the ntc is specific to the vaillant unistor cylinder

You don't need a VR10 for cylinder boost. It should be working with a standard 240V cylinder stat as well. The VR10 is only necessary if you want to use the anti-Legionella function. Btw - you can use a VR10 on other cylinders.

Hi thanks for the reply. The valiant man on the theh help line said it should works also. But it would not. Any how
I fitted a ntc v10 sensor temperay just to see if it would unlock the boost function.
I connected it to the hot pipe out of the cylinder then to the the ntc connection in the VR 66 control centre and it all worked. Cylinder boost function worked. I got the temperature reading on the control centre.
The tap icon appeared on the boiler and I was able to set the hot water temp on the boiler too. It appears to work in conjunction with the 230 tank stat. Have had it on for a several days and every thing is working all ok

I

Glad to hear it is working. Note however that you aren't supposed to connect both the VR10 and the 240V cylinder stat to the VR66. It should be one or the other. You can wire your 240V stat in series with the zone valve as a fail safe.

Yes this is what I thougth that’s why it only a temp fix to see how thing perform. See if any issues arise.
Fingers crossed no issues as yet so will keep monitoring

Incidentally I disconnected the 230volt plug in the control centre to isolate the tank stat

Don't unwire the tank / cylinder stat

If you don't know what your doing don't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water boost function in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock