Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water boost function in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Hope you have some advice to see if I can cure 2 minor problems as the Valiant tech line was to say a waste of time as the 2nd tech advisor I spoke to was only there to answer the phone I think..

I have recently installed a new heating system all installed in the attic all works as expected but for 2 issues.

I have installed a Vaillant Eco tech plus system boiler connected to a Telford Tempest cylinder 2 x 2 port valves and 230 volt tank stat that was supplied with cylinder

Wiring is all via a Vaillant VR 66 control centre and all controlled by a Vaillant VRF 350f Now all programs work on the controller except the cylinder boost function.
If I select this function it activate for a few seconds then returns to the previous function ie auto/summer mode.

I can boost the hot water by selecting the comfort mode, but this has it draw backs as if I don't switch mode once water is charged it then bring in the heating as it is supposed to do but this may not be required.

Now could this be that no NTC sensor is fitted as I understood that theses where specific to the Vaillant unistor cylinder. As I stated earlier I fitted a 23o volt stat supplied with the cylinder.

Hi All

Hope you have some advice to see if I can cure 2 minor problems as the Valiant tech line was to say a waste of time as the 2nd tech advisor I spoke to was only there to answer the phone I think..

I have recently installed a new heating system all installed in the attic all works as expected but for 2 issues.

I have installed a Vaillant Eco tech plus system boiler connected to a Telford Tempest cylinder

Might not be but

Op who installed it ?

My plumber friend and I safe safe and invented cylinder etc all commisioned and warranty by vaillant etc building control certicated. Am in the building trade no novice.

Just require some other thoughts as to why the cylinder boost Function on the controller will not stay activated.

Vaillant tech support a waste of time just told me it should work.

Also according to the operating instructions for the boiler If a controller is fitted you set the Maximum values on the boiler for the flow temperature and adjust on the controller but this is not possible. When I spoke to vaillant tech they said it cannot be done and has to be set on the boiler when I read this out direct from operating instructions he was blank. So a the boiler is in the attic it would have been ideal to adjust the flow temp a few degrees here and there on the controller

He's not unvented qualified well not on gas safe

If he has his paperwork get him to send it to gas safe better in the long run as most people look on there for people

Thanks for advice.
No problems with plumbing c/heating just that minor niggle of the boost function on the controller won’t stay active. I think it’s due to no VR10 NTC
Fitted to relay back cylinder temp to the controller which would allow the boost function to work. But as I have a 230volt tank stat fitted I think it a case of one or the other. Think the ntc is specific to the vaillant unistor cylinder

You don't need a VR10 for cylinder boost. It should be working with a standard 240V cylinder stat as well. The VR10 is only necessary if you want to use the anti-Legionella function. Btw - you can use a VR10 on other cylinders.

Hi thanks for the reply. The valiant man on the theh help line said it should works also. But it would not. Any how
I fitted a ntc v10 sensor temperay just to see if it would unlock the boost function.
I connected it to the hot pipe out of the cylinder then to the the ntc connection in the VR 66 control centre and it all worked. Cylinder boost function worked. I got the temperature reading on the control centre.
The tap icon appeared on the boiler and I was able to set the hot water temp on the boiler too. It appears to work in conjunction with the 230 tank stat. Have had it on for a several days and every thing is working all ok

I

Glad to hear it is working. Note however that you aren't supposed to connect both the VR10 and the 240V cylinder stat to the VR66. It should be one or the other. You can wire your 240V stat in series with the zone valve as a fail safe.

Yes this is what I thougth that’s why it only a temp fix to see how thing perform. See if any issues arise.
Fingers crossed no issues as yet so will keep monitoring

Incidentally I disconnected the 230volt plug in the control centre to isolate the tank stat

Don't unwire the tank / cylinder stat

If you don't know what your doing don't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water boost function in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock