Discuss hot and cold water issues!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

march

hi, got sent to a job today at a nursing home where they reported no cold water in kitchen. after some investigation i found that there was a trickle of hot water coming from the cold taps and this was the same in about 7 or 8 other rooms.

most of the taps have mixing valves fitted and i found one that had gone so replaced that but problem was still present. the cold is tank fed so i checked the cold water tank and it wasnt hot or anything and i cracked the outlet valve and water is flowing nicely so thinking theres a blockage on cold water pipework somewhere between tank outlet and the kitchen??

also as theres hot water trickling out of the cold taps im guessing theres another blending valve thats crossing over.

anyone else have any thoughts on this and are the lack of cold water flow and the hot water coming out of cold taps linked or is it a coincidence???

they have filters in, check the filters are not blocked

cold could be hot if it has a secondary return and is next to cold pipe

its definitely not heat transfer as the water is coming out at about 50 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot and cold water issues!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock