Search the forum,

Discuss Horizontal solar cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflo-Experts

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone recommend a decent twin coil horizontal unvented cylinder, suitable for solar and a gas boiler?
It needs to go in the loft space and therefore needs to be a horizontal cylinder.
Have seen some Thermsaver cylinders online and they look ok - anyone have experience of these?

RM Solar made one for a customer of mine last month. I think it was a custom build - it certainly wasn't cheap.

Haven't had any feedback, but could ask if you like? No experience of the the Thermsaver - sorry.

Thanks for that Ray. I'll have a look at those online; I think most of them are custom made - I believe the Thermsaver ones are.

McDonald engineering in Glenrothes Fife make anything you want, great turnaround service

Thanks for your help and advice guys. I'll make a few calls, and it looks like it they are made to order!

McDonald engineering in Glenrothes Fife make anything you want, great turnaround service

Thats true. I needed a 42 x 18 gravity twin coil a few weeks back. Ordered it on the tuesday afternoon and picked it up and fitted on thursday morning.
Scrappies heaven that place :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal solar cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock