Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Honeywell DT90E thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bilco_21

Hi guys, I've just up graded my Honeywell dial thermostat to a DT90e digital type. The programmer I have is the Honeywell st9400c. When the programmer turns the heating off at say 10pm for the night the thermostat still stays on. This in itself isn't a problem but in the middle of the night when the temp drops it calls for heat and keeps clicking on and off, without the boiler coming on as its off on the programmer. Is this correct or should the stat go off with the programmer or if not is it safe for it to operate without the programmer on????
Will

This also means that I can't use any of the optimum start or stop features as the stat never goes off with the timer! I have only used the live and S/L wires in the stat should I have put the neutral in terminal C???

This also means that I can't use any of the optimum start or stop features as the stat never goes off with the timer! I have only used the live and S/L wires in the stat should I have put the neutral in terminal C???
The DT90E doesn't have optimum start and stop; you need a programmable stat for that, e.g the CM901 or CM907.

Do NOT connect neutral to C; you will blow up the stat if you do.

The stat will click on and off overnight, but this will be ignored as the programmer is off. The same thing would have happened with your old mechanical stat, i.e it would have been calling for heat, but it wouldn't have been so apparent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell DT90E thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock