Discuss Honeywell 3 ports!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What's the crack with Honeywell 3 port valves... I put two together and the whole in the centre of the valve is pretty much the same on both 28 & 22 valves!!! Seems like a scam to me... Why run 28 all the way if there just gonna throttle it down like that!

image.jpg

look into the bottom inlet.

that's where you don't want a restriction

i seriously wonder why they dont do two ports with unions. would make life so much easier

Because they couldn't be bothered to change the ball size inside no doubt!

i seriously wonder why they dont do two ports with unions. would make life so much easier

Makes a easy swap from other makes so opens up larger market.

Would be even better if all control valves were fitted to pump valves so no draining to replace.

3 port 22 mm will pass 20KW
3 port 28 mm will pass 30KW

2 port 22mm will pass 23KW
2 port 28mm will pass 30 KW

yes all the above came from honeywell tech 2 weeks ago, when I queried it!

*grins*

but with the three port i bet it will only pass 10/15kw each way when both sides are in use !!!

*grins*

but with the three port i bet it will only pass 10/15kw each way when both sides are in use !!!
Lol Billy, mid pos always spilt 70/30 heating to hot water they are not 50/50 as mid pos would suggest lol

Different from the levels specced in there training manual.

ahhh !!! never knew that :)

so more like 14kw for heating, 6kw for hot water on a 22mm
21kw for heating and 9kw for hot water on 28 mm

pretty much means a 3 port isn't suitable for a megaflow or oso cylinder then !!!!

Different from the levels specced in there training manual.
Post em up Roger, this was 2 weeks ago when I got through eventully! I queried the guy on Delta t and pump volocity etc, he went quiet, but pulled these figs from his PDF

ahhh !!! never knew that :)

so more like 14kw for heating, 6kw for hot water on a 22mm
21kw for heating and 9kw for hot water on 28 mm

pretty much means a 3 port isn't suitable for a megaflow or oso cylinder then !!!!

Nah most MI's insist on 2 port anyhow, Vaillant used to have a 3 port set up with their boiler and unvented though

I was once told the rest or europe and the US use two port only and 3 port are (or were originally) made just for the UK because it's cheaper and consumers in this country always want a cheap job.

I find it believable. I bet northern europe, the US and canada would turn their noses up at a 3 port valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell 3 ports!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back