Search the forum,

Discuss Honey CR04 Capacitor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nick: Backup capacitor

Hui. My Honeywell CR04 Controller is losing its settings every time the house power trips. I see there is a capacitor installed on the back face which appears to be a memory backup capacitor. I have soldering skills, so is it just a case of replacing this component? Cheers

I believe that model uses a battery backup to remember settings so either what you are looking at is a battery not a capacitor or you're looking at the wrong thing. According to the CR04 manual:

"In the event of power failure to the unit, the remote control unit will maintain the settings for up to 5 hours as long has the unit has been charged for at least 1 hour."

Batteries should last at least five years and usually much longer. Is the unit wired in correctly and is the house wiring sound? If so, why do you think you are experiencing power outages?

Reply to Honey CR04 Capacitor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have a 15 year old Cosmogas Boiler in our house in Italy. It does 3 circuits: Hot water, Underfloor heating and normal radiator heating. I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
We've been the house for just over 2 years. We've only just got around to figuring out this 'Y' plan system as we've never had one before. We've...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock