Discuss Holesaw sharpening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike-c

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As the title says, can hole saws be sharpened,and if so where?
i have a 114mm and a 127mm hole saw and they are quite old now and mostly burn their way through wood now. All the teeth are still there but they are a bit flat now. I am just wondering if it would be much cheaper to get them sharpened or should I just buy new ones. I tend to use them especially the larger one two or three times a week in recent months.

never heard of resharpening them, as they usually wear away anyway its best just to replace

And my mrs thinks am tight wait till I show her this thread, just buy new fella
So are you one of these people that just buys new pipe cutters instead of just replacing the wheel?

Lol that's a bit different I think , but when I make a big purchase like a freeze machine I get the rep to chuck some freebies in like a new gun

You would have as much success sharpening your cutter wheel as you would a holesaw.
That reminds me. I better put a new set of silces in the van as my old ones are taking 10 turns now:smile:

Holesaw sharpening, I thought that was a joke when I read it. Just buy new as everyone else has suggested.

Lol that's a bit different I think , but when I make a big purchase like a freeze machine I get the rep to chuck some freebies in like a new gun

How are the freeze machines? Was looking at a rothenberger one in plumbase other day. How they compare to the spray?

Fantastic fella , great on office jobs or big jobs where you haven't got time and they don't want to pay for all the hours it will take to drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Holesaw sharpening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
a new Kohler San Souci comfort-height elongated toilet that is dropping water on the bathroom floor. We went thru series of 3 new toilets...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock