Discuss Hiss on central heating - part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lvegas2009

Have got a hiss coming from my central heating/hot water circuit, and trying to isolate the cause. I feel pretty sure it is to do with the hot water, but could be introduced by the boiler.

If I turn the mains water off, the hiss goes.
I have a tap on the cold water circuit just before the boiler (to isolate if neccessary). If the water is switched off here, the hiss disappears. I can stil run cold water rest of house, but obviously cannot get hot using this method.

If the stopcocks are open, and I run hot water from any tap, the hiss will disappear for up to a few minutes, and then starts again. Is this the hot water demand relieving the pressure off a leak for a few minutes?

My suspicon is
1) something in boiler is bleeding air (worcester 30cdi)
2) there is a leak on the hot water circuit. If it is, it does not appear to be upstairs as no damp marks on celing.

Unfortuntately, I think mains water and hot water are under the kitchen in concrete, under cupboards etc. Before I start pulling things about, is there a way I can help isolate whether cause is the boiler or a leak?

Thanks in advance

sounds like you have a leak on the hot water pipework or possibly in the boiler can you get a valve cut in to the hot water pipes after the boiler to eliminate the boiler being the problem my bet would be on pipework below floor as its not showing from upstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hiss on central heating - part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock