Search the forum,

Discuss high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi was just looking a second opinion on a job ive to look at. Its a old grant 50/70 euroflame. Its on an open vent system with no stats inside house. The high limit stat trips most days not while its in its cycle . Im told it wotks ok then just trips out after it switches off at time clock. I know it cud be poor circulation or pump but im thinking the stat with the way its going. Thanks in advance .

Pump stops when boiler switches off so there is no circulation but the latent heat builds up another few degrees.
Change the overheat stat.

Ye as far as i know eveything works fine until it switches off at timeclock then u nearly always have to hit the high limit. To be honest he knows nothing at all about it so he has trouble explaining it well..

Heat does build up. Main control stat might be turned up full or else it might be faulty & not the limit stat which is perhaps just doing its job correctly

As Best says..would change boiler thermostat first as maybe existing out of calibration..maybe fit pump over run if problem persists just for fun and show custurd how clever you are..always good to impress
:sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to high limit stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock