Search the forum,

Discuss High heat waste run in mapress in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have to do a 54mm copper waste run due to it carrying high heat grease and water. I don't want to solder due to it having Whiterock walls. Also I think compression would look poor so was going to go the mapress route. A system I've never used before. My main question is, what's the max temperature it can handle? I can't find anything on geberits site

why dont you use screwed and threaded????? thats what i use in schools for Steriliser sinks

Do.you mean doing it in Steel then? I'm only a youngster don't think I have that hard work in Me!! Haha. That's a good shout to be fair but if further down the line they want it altered doesn't that create a nightmare for the next man?

Do.you mean doing it in Steel then? I'm only a youngster don't think I have that hard work in Me!! Haha. That's a good shout to be fair but if further down the line they want it altered doesn't that create a nightmare for the next man?

why not you should have more go in you than most :D and yea steel, why would they want it changed, but ok why not do it in mapress steel? saves the copper robbers :D

We use this in science labs - Vulcathene ([DLMURL="http://www.durapipe.co.uk/product/detail.asp?BID=4"]Vulcathene pipework system for laboratory and chemical drainage[/DLMURL])

But mapress is fine, Geberit also do a white plastic coated pipe, but if I was you I would do it all in stainless if its in a kitchen, easy to clean and looks the dogs, copper can be damaged with cleaning chemicals etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We use this in science labs - Vulcathene ([DLMURL="http://www.durapipe.co.uk/product/detail.asp?BID=4"]Vulcathene pipework system for laboratory and chemical drainage[/DLMURL])

But mapress is fine, Geberit also do a white plastic coated pipe, but if I was you I would do it all in stainless if its in a kitchen, easy to clean and looks the dogs, copper can be damaged with cleaning chemicals etc.

problem with that is doesn't handle the heat, ive seen and by 2 month down the line its like a bendy straw

Last edited by a moderator:
If your really worried, both Mapress and XPress do a solar rated (150°C) connector :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High heat waste run in mapress in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock