Discuss Help with potterton combi boiler bangs when cooling down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Gas valve not shutting off completely?

Some manufacturers claim this as: Parasitic Gas Valve.

Gas valve continues to pass gas when appliance should be shut down, causing flame to continue.
The boiler thinks the gas valve is shut, but the burner keeps going because their is gas available.

See if you can see if the burner is still alight when you turn the hot water tap off

No it still does it randomly but mostly when boiler is off/cooling down... just putting up with it
Oh that's a shame. Some of our other members might have a few ideas. Nothing worse than random noises!

Reply to Help with potterton combi boiler bangs when cooling down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I posted in summer as HW system banged when cooing down it is now even worse once CH is cooing down but it's common between both systems any ideas...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate)...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
H
Hi! If anyone is able to give any advice it's hugely appreciated! I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. I have a condensing combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise. I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock