Search the forum,

Discuss Help required to identify this water heater installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This photo was taken at at central London office block where there are two staff kitchen areas with identical plumbing layouts - and problems.
Both the hot sides of the monobloc kitchen taps are leaking above the worktop surface when the tap is turned on, and they drip when the heater is heating up.
I am trying to identify the water heaters so that I can replace the taps with the correct part numbers. The heaters are not labelled at all and the only clue is that the temperature dial says 'cool' rather than 'cold'.
Does the presence of a PRV mean that this definitely an unvented water heater installation?
If I can't find them then fitting an expansion cylinder and new bog standard monoblocs would be the answer.

2014-05-20 10.13.45.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-05-20 10.14.43.jpg
    2014-05-20 10.14.43.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 96
Stanton or ariston ? Data label ? Defo unvented

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly looks like an unvented heater. if it is there should be an expansion vessel on the mains. this will need to be installed and either replace the cartridge on the tap or replace the whole tap. also the discharge is wrongly installed, it should be connected to a tundish and ran out of the building as a copper discharge. The plastic pipe its connected to wont be able to handle the high temperature if the prv goes

I can't remember the make but I ripped a load out a few weeks back none of them were on drip taps though I replaced with ariston units inc expansion vessel on each unit 30 in total.

ill have a look in the skip when I get home as the plastics will still be there

As above, should be 15 Litre as they are sinks.
I thought it may be a vent tap as you stated dripping all the time when heating but from photo it does not look like they are.
No expansion vessel kit fitted.

Looking at the picture of the installation and the mi's there isnt the length of pipe for internal expansion so should have check valve and exp vessel. Well thats the way I read it.

Looking at the picture of the installation and the mi's there isnt the length of pipe for internal expansion so should have check valve and exp vessel. Well thats the way I read it.

On the basis there is Zero pipe between the Cold supply into the heater and the junction with the branch to the cold tap, yes there should be Check and Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help required to identify this water heater installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock