Discuss Help - radiator valves wont disconnect from pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't use that link as a reference

Okay, I've replaced that one with what I think is a better one, but it may be overkill as far as detail is concerned. Is there a site you would recommend?

It seems a bit strange that ukplumbersforums doesn't have it's own set of 'how to' guides for basic tasks. Is this policy, or has nobody got around to it yet?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info, will give them a read! I have another query however. I have just turned on the heating and the boiler made some loud bangs so I hurriedly switched off the heating. Any reason for the cause? There is one valve in the loft that i have left closed after draining the system, and that's because it has started leaking. The valve didn't turn off the water from the tap so I'm guessing that it is linked to the boiler somehow?

did you fill the system back up?

did you fill the system back up?
That just involves turning the stopcock and valves open right? Or is there more to it!

Just been back up to the loft and the valve seems to have stopped leaking now so its open again. When I turned it, the container housing the ball float filled up with water.

I have just turned on the heating and the boiler made some loud bangs

Loud bangs from a boiler are not a good sign. I recommend that you don't switch it on again until it's been checked by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

The good news is that they'll be able to sort out your valve problems at the same time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help - radiator valves wont disconnect from pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock