Discuss Help please.....water tank issues and brown hot water!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I’m a 30 year old single lady, I’m going to be totally honest and say I know nothing about plumbing!!!

Ive lived here for 6 years (am homeowner) no plumbing problems. I have two water tanks in my loft, 1 hot water tank and 1 normal water tank. Both of them are intermittently leaking out their overflow pipes randomly throughout the day. When the heating is on it stops one of them and the other stops when I use hot water from any tap in the house. Also at the same time as this started (a week ago) my hot water is coming out a brown/red colour!?

A plumber can not get here until Tuesday being Christmas/new year etc. Is this all safe to still use the water and the heating? Also can anyone give me a clue as to what the problem is? And how much that problem might cost?

Thank you so much! Sorry for sounding plumbing challenged

I wouldn't use any water other than mains if you can toilets are fine

Sounds like you could have a duff / cracked coil in the cylinder

Agreed as shaun said your cylinder will need replacing the primary heating water is mixing with your domestic hot water most likely from a ruptured coil .cheers kop

Heating could be boiling over, could be a prymatic cylinder. Potentially an easy fix. Will need a decent plumber to take a look tho.

Sorry you have 2 tanks in your attic. That would rule out a primatic cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please.....water tank issues and brown hot water!!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Back