Search the forum,

Discuss Help my heating is sort of broke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrea

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but before I called an expert out just thought i'd check its not just me being stupid ...

Recently (over last two weeks) have noticed my hot water is not getting very hot and if it is its just half a sink full (I have a combi boiler btw which is less than 18mths old) Now my radiators are not getting very hot either so its sort of working but sort of not.

is this a simple problem to fix?

Help pleaasssse

Andrea

Do you have a pressurised heating system ? that is you have no tanks in the loft and you have a pressure gauge, usually on the boiler. If so the gauge should read around 1.5 bar. It could be that youve gradually lost the system pressure and you need to top it up with the "filling loop" , a flexible pipe with a "tap" on it, usually located below the boiler. You can turn on the tap to let more water into the system until the gauge reads about 1.5.

hi andrea, i would suggest you get a pro in to give the boiler a looking at,
you may have a faulty gas valve, you may have a partially blocked burner
faulty thermistors etc etc,be safe and get a decent engineer. good luck
please write to let us know the outcome.

Do you have a pressurised heating system ? that is you have no tanks in the loft and you have a pressure gauge, usually on the boiler. If so the gauge should read around 1.5 bar. It could be that youve gradually lost the system pressure and you need to top it up with the "filling loop" , a flexible pipe with a "tap" on it, usually located below the boiler. You can turn on the tap to let more water into the system until the gauge reads about 1.5.

Thanx NickH

Already tried that cos contrary to poular belief not all women are stupid (not suggesting you said I was btw) but I actually listened when the engineer fitted my boiler :)

(not that I have great belief in him now anyway after it going wrong so soon ... or is that wrong of me to blame the engineer? eeek I'm not sure if I should call him back or give him a wide birth..... He wasn't corgi registered but he told me that when we fitted it and he arranged for me to pay an additional £ 50 for a corgi engineer to call to check it once he had fitted it!

hi andrea, i would suggest you get a pro in to give the boiler a looking at,
you may have a faulty gas valve, you may have a partially blocked burner
faulty thermistors etc etc,be safe and get a decent engineer. good luck
please write to let us know the outcome.

Thanx Leakylea

That is plan 'b' after first researching what the problem 'could' be so I don't get ripped off (not that I am suspicious or anything) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not that unusual to have a job signed off by a different guy, you should call him back and get him to sort it out, things can go wrong with the best installations.

Thanx I probably will, but can't afford it until the end of the month now and was just trying to get some ideas as to if it was a small £100+ job or a large £ 300+ job which would determine if I am cold and have to go without a bath for next two weeks or next 6 weeks :0 (good job I have a shower eh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help my heating is sort of broke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock