Discuss help me complete this job. please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks 15 l to me, one in my loo and just needs a prv and expn kit to be sure.

looks 15 l to me, one in my loo and just needs a prv and expn kit to be sure.

Pressure reducing valve, safety relief & expansion tank sometimes when you follow mi's... Works out more expensive than the heater itself lol!

Get the manufacturer instructions (MI's) as has already been stated. Follow the requirements too the letter. Cant see a prv on the pipework in the photo. An expansion vessel may not be required depending on how long the cold supply pipe is before another outlet, before which there will need to be a check valve to prevent contamination of the water categories. Oh and ditch those nasty flexi's and hard pipe to the heater.

Some manufacturers insist on flexies to be used for the connections to the heater.

Some manufacturers insist on flexies to be used for the connections to the heater.

True enough. Hence source MI, s and follow to the letter. But if not necessary then ditch them. Quite how they are aloud that close I dont know you wouldnt put them that close to a boiler and you certainly wouldnt use them to connect up to a standard unvented cylinder.

True enough. Hence source MI, s and follow to the letter. But if not necessary then ditch them. Quite how they are aloud that close I dont know you wouldnt put them that close to a boiler and you certainly wouldnt use them to connect up to a standard unvented cylinder.

Which is why i dont like the unvented cylinders that come with a flexi to connect the expansion vessel.

Which is why i dont like the unvented cylinders that come with a flexi to connect the expansion vessel.

Agreed. It seems strange that so many of the gas regs seem to be suspended the minute the pipes and cables enter the appliance. Distance to electrical cables materials used within set distance of combustion etc.

What's all these regs n stuff you are on about? I'm confused? Thought it was what ever is easiest?

So without MI what would be your method?
i have an expansion vessel, I'm sure I need a non-return valve...
what I'm asking is how should this look when I'm finished?
I appreciate all the feed back

You need the mi's. Go to the manufacturers web site. Should be able to download from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help me complete this job. please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back