Search the forum,

Discuss help me complete this job. please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yogavo

i've just started a job which was only supposed to involve installing geberit toilet frames, but i've been give the opportunity to install and unvented system. here is a photo(s) of what has been done before me, i'm really tempted to rip it out and start again.....talk me through what you would do, please.

Gladly help with advice on the frames but if you have an unvented ticket should you be asking?

Before everyone jumps over the OP regarding G3...... That looks about 15 litres to me.

Plasterers course....

No I can't stand mucky jobs. I explain to people that my job as a plumber is to contain liquid within a series of vessels......not to spread liquid over walls etc.

I don't like painting,plastering, tiling, bricking etc. they are the opposite of what I learned. They spread sh**...........I contain it!!

I would say its a 15 litre job. First port of call is get your hands on the mi's for the water heater and follow it to the letter.

it looks like an ariston europrisma to me they can go up to 30 lts Ariston Europrisma EP30R 30Ltr Oversink Water Heater Unvented Direct 3kW | NoLinkingToThis

i was also thinking its about 15 mark! looks like an ariston europrisma to me! some of them go up to 30liters tho!!!

i was just going to refer you to post 11 before i clicked onto page 2 lol

So do you need the unvented ticket to fit a 15 litre water heater??

looks 15 l to me, one in my loo and just needs a prv and expn kit to be sure.

looks 15 l to me, one in my loo and just needs a prv and expn kit to be sure.

Pressure reducing valve, safety relief & expansion tank sometimes when you follow mi's... Works out more expensive than the heater itself lol!

Get the manufacturer instructions (MI's) as has already been stated. Follow the requirements too the letter. Cant see a prv on the pipework in the photo. An expansion vessel may not be required depending on how long the cold supply pipe is before another outlet, before which there will need to be a check valve to prevent contamination of the water categories. Oh and ditch those nasty flexi's and hard pipe to the heater.

Some manufacturers insist on flexies to be used for the connections to the heater.

Some manufacturers insist on flexies to be used for the connections to the heater.

True enough. Hence source MI, s and follow to the letter. But if not necessary then ditch them. Quite how they are aloud that close I dont know you wouldnt put them that close to a boiler and you certainly wouldnt use them to connect up to a standard unvented cylinder.

True enough. Hence source MI, s and follow to the letter. But if not necessary then ditch them. Quite how they are aloud that close I dont know you wouldnt put them that close to a boiler and you certainly wouldnt use them to connect up to a standard unvented cylinder.

Which is why i dont like the unvented cylinders that come with a flexi to connect the expansion vessel.

Which is why i dont like the unvented cylinders that come with a flexi to connect the expansion vessel.

Agreed. It seems strange that so many of the gas regs seem to be suspended the minute the pipes and cables enter the appliance. Distance to electrical cables materials used within set distance of combustion etc.

What's all these regs n stuff you are on about? I'm confused? Thought it was what ever is easiest?

So without MI what would be your method?
i have an expansion vessel, I'm sure I need a non-return valve...
what I'm asking is how should this look when I'm finished?
I appreciate all the feed back

You need the mi's. Go to the manufacturers web site. Should be able to download from there.

i know people that aren't plumbers and can install an electric water heater such as ew10 or ew15 no problems, so the fact that you are asking, i would give this advice.
put in a good price too do the job and then hire a qualified plumber to do the job and try to cream something off it.
as if you continue down this path even if it is under 15 litres someone could get killed, if install incorrectly, BE SAFE NOT STUPID.

So without MI what would be your method?
i have an expansion vessel, I'm sure I need a non-return valve...
what I'm asking is how should this look when I'm finished?
I appreciate all the feed back

Here is a link to the MI's in pdf format.

http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/p4791938.pdf

So now you have them. Can you confirm what model/ capacity of Europrisma it is your fitting or take a picture where the whole of the appliance can be seen IE the top? Did it come supplied with a separate Pressure release valve?

fitted a few of them and always gone for the full kit prv/vessel / tundish etc to be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help me complete this job. please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out opinions of whether anyone thinks they're decent quotes of not? I've already ripped out the existing vanity/loo/shower tray/screen/tiles. I've also lifted...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me with an issue I'm having at home. We've just returned from a week long holiday and have noticed that one of our toilets (a catalano toilet on a geberit frame) seems to have brown water coming up into the toilet bowl. When we flush, the...
Replies
Views
Laurie1987
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock