Search the forum,

Discuss Hello, looking for a career change, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johntarchitect

Hi all, I'm John and I'm an architect who is wanting to switch to plumbing.

I have a good friend who is an excellent plumber and he suggested I should try find an apprenticeship. Just looking for any advice on companies in and around Glasgow/Central belt Scotland that are more likely to take on a 30yr old.

I'm very practical (even for an architect!) and I've already helped my friend rough out a central heating system, and this weekend I installed 12 radiators while he fitted 2 boilers - so I'm getting some experience in advance.

Hello to you all anyway, and if anyone sees this and has any advice please do get in touch!

J

Hello John and welcome to the forum's hope you find the info you seek ...good that you have a pal to help you gain some experience.... regards Turnpin:welcome:

That's quite a career change, but you can't put a price on enjoying your work. Welcome to the forum and best of luck.

WHY ? would have thought that you would have better prospects doing what you are ! I've been in this trade since the 60s and believe me if I had my time over again this would be my last choice for a job, what have you got to look forward to other than bad health, poor working conditions, and people trying to screw you over, if your happy to put up with that then go for it, got to be better things you could try.

WHY ? would have thought that you would have better prospects doing what you are ! I've been in this trade since the 60s and believe me if I had my time over again this would be my last choice for a job, what have you got to look forward to other than bad health, poor working conditions, and people trying to screw you over, if your happy to put up with that then go for it, got to be better things you could try.

must be the devon air.............. 2 similar folk falling apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello, looking for a career change, advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock