Discuss Hello, can you recommend any gas for dummies literature? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the tamberine

Hi everyone, this is a great site!!
can anybody recommend any literature can read up on in advance of starting my gas training please? although I have worked with gas with qualified persons, I m worried I will find the course tough going and want to try and prepare myself, is there like a gas for dummies book/bible?? LOL I have incidentally read the section in RDtror, level 3 so have a basic understanding.
Thank you

Learning gas is only easy when its done properly when your working along side journeymen whom you can bounce questions off and see things first hand on jobs that match what your reading in your books at home and at college,, It can be done just be reading but alot more brain numbing and without experience hard, good luck but please for your safety dont tamper until fully qualified ,

Thank you very much for your responses. I work for a reputible company and plan on asking them if i can spend time with our service engineers to try and gain experience. I enjoy what i do and am looking forward to the training but as i said im a bit worried i will struggle to take it in.

I found Gas Installation Technology 2nd Edition by R D Treloar gave a good overview of things before starting my gas training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello, can you recommend any gas for dummies literature? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock