Discuss Hello all, by way of an introduction… in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone!

I’m Paul. An ex gas safe registered heating engineer & plumber. Was never much cop at wiring heating systems or fault finding electrical issues, always used a close friend who is a (busy) electrician.

Was self employed (non sub contractor) for 32 years. My career ended a few years ago after a serious illness, meaning I was unable to do heavy work & installs that occasionally require you to be a contortionist 😆

Thankfully, like I’d imagine most other installers, over the years I reached the stage where my skill level was acceptable in a few other areas: floor/wall tiling, carpentry, plastering, roofing, bricklaying & basic electrical installs.

Eventually I became busy enough where I had to sub out the tiling, carpentry etc.

These days I’m pleased these skills have been learnt on other people’s installs & I’m able to put them to use at home😆

Trouble is the wife keeps finding diy jobs for me & they take me three times as long to complete as they used too😆

🛠️

Hello Paul nice to have you on board with us here! Loving the mushroom photo!

Reply to Hello all, by way of an introduction… in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hello. My name is Ştefan (or Steven, if you like). I'm from Bucharest, capital of Romania. Borned here, raised here. My passion for some old...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock