Discuss heavy hammering noise in pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter bhatti

We just install new combi boiler.Since than there is high hammering noise whenever open the and close the water taps.Even the noise is also at night when no one using system.
Any one can suggest how to resolve this problems.

Has someone left the boiler filling loop open on the boiler and system pressure to high,could be the pressure release valve letting excess pressure out,causing hammering at night or when tap turned off causing pressure increase jolt

imho

I see what you're saying about the filling loop. You might have nailed it. You may need to fit a pressure reducing valve. Have you checked the incoming water main pressure? You could always try a water hammer arrestor. You could have loose pipes that need clipping. The thing I was struggling with is why is it happening at night. It could be regular water hammer and a toilet has a fault with a push button drop valve letting by into the pan and the inlet valve comes on and off periodically.

Just clutching at straws. Good luck matey.

It happens at night as low demand on mains,so pressure increases,thus system pressure will increase if loop open,opening p.r. valve possibly

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heavy hammering noise in pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock